The 1000 Project is leading the way in providing assistance for entrepreneurs! Our aid package is provided by Coolours, Ltd and is geared toward ambitious people who need help gaining online traction with their small business or idea. Check the list below to see if you qualify!
- Must be 18 or older, and able to show recent financial hardship through bank statements or other means.
- Must have an existing, viable business or entrepreneurial plan.
- The business cannot have a website already operating (the goal is to help those who have not or cannot establish their own web presence!)
- Must have access to the internet and the means of using it (a laptop or desktop computer.)
- Must be willing to tender a good-faith investment to The 1000 Project in the sum of $35. This investment lets us know that you’re serious about your desire to grow your business…and it is an investment! After a period of six months, you will have the option of applying that $35 as a credit towards more advanced web design services through Coolours, Ltd.
- Must be able to secure website hosting and domain name. Payment of associated costs are not covered by The 1000 Project.
- Must display The 1000 Project badge on company website.
- Not available to businesses in certain industries including those that pertain to the making or distribution of alcohol, tobacco, weapons or adult content.
- Must demonstrate a willingness to “pay it forward.” Participants will be expected to give back to the entrepreneurial community through the sharing of knowledge or participation in charitable projects.
- Must be able to provide a passport-style photograph of yourself.
- Final selection will be determined by the charities and partners that The 1000 Project works with.
Please Note: Only one website will be provided for each accepted applicant.
Qualify for Aid? Here’s What You’ll Get!
Once you’ve been selected by The 1000 Project, you’ll be on your way to growth and visibility in the online marketplace! Your website will be created by the designers at Coolours, Ltd, allowing you to share your business with the world.
- You’ll receive a custom-designed, four-page website to represent your business.
- This will be a no-frills website meant to establish a fundamental web presence for your business. No eCommerce functions (catalogs, shopping carts, checkout) are included.
- Includes Home, About, Services, and Contact pages to help inform potential customers of your business’ offering.
- A 30-minute consulting session to determine the goals and plan for your website.
- The aid package does not include web hosting, domain name, or logos and content. These must be provided by the participant. They can also be purchased through The 1000 Project’s partner – Coolours, Ltd. – at a special discounted rate!
How To Apply.
- Like The 1000 Project Facebook Page
- Follow The 1000 Project Twitter Handle
- Download the application form and submit to the charity or organization where you heard about the 1000 project or email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.